NAS list with MySQL

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Jan 19 23:13:33 CET 2008

Hi,

> Hi there... i am new to free radius. I already successfully installed
> freeradius 1.1.7 with mysql5.1. The point is NAS's IPs and secrets are
> configured in clients.conf. I cannot find anything how to put those data to
> SQL database. Sql.conf doesn't describe any table or value for clients, can
> anyone give any clue how to store those data in SQL database

sql.conf has the readclients directive and the sql schema clearly
shows the nas table

mysql>describe nas;

simply populate. enable the readclients directive.

with 1.1.x i believe you still need a single entry in clients.conf
- a fake entry - eg 127.0.0.2  or it barfs. 2.0.0 doesnt have this
issue

alan