MySQL accounting issue

Andy Smith a.smith at ukgrid.net
Sun Jan 20 20:19:40 CET 2008

Hi List,

  ok next issue I have :P

I have attempted to configure freeradius to write accounting data to MySQL, however currently its not working. No data is being written
to MySQL and the Radius client is complaining its not recieving a reply for accounting requests. I subsituted the "detail" setting in
the "accounting" config section of radiusd.conf for "sql" and modifyied the sql.conf as seemed necessary. As soon as I switch this
back to "detail" my Radius client starts recieving replies from freeradius once again :S

I can see from the MySQL log that radiusd is successfully establishing a connection to MySQL at startup:

080120 19:14:49   61 Connect    root at localhost on radius
                   62 Connect   root at localhost on radius
                   63 Connect   root at localhost on radius
                   64 Connect   root at localhost on radius
                   65 Connect   root at localhost on radius
                   65 Query     SELECT * FROM nas

But after that there is no activity in the MySQL log :S And I have no errors logged from MySQL or radiusd, nor can I see any errors
when running "radiusd -Xf"

    anyone any ideas what more I can do to identify the issue??

        thanks Andy.