filling in missing attributes

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 10:37:05 CET 2008

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Duane Cox wrote:
>> Hello List
>>
>> I'm looking for a suggested solution to this problem.
>>
>> I'm running freeradius 2.0.0 and have a NAS that doesn't supply the NAS-Identifier or Called-Station-Id.
>> I'm using rlm_sql to log acct information and would like to have this missing info filled in.
>>
>> Would it be best to use:
>
>   "unlang" will likely make it simpler.  It means that you separate the
> checks for missing attributes from the SQL configuration.
>
>   Putting "%{%{Foo}:-%{Bar}}" in sql.conf quickly gets complicated.
>
>   Instead, do:
>
>   if (!Foo) {
> 	update request {
> 		Foo = ...
> 	}
>   }
>
>   And then just put "%{Foo}" in sql.conf.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
If you require a string identifier for your NAS, you can use the
Client-Shortname attribute in the request list. This just reflects the
shortname assigned to the NAS using rlm_sql or in client definitions.

if(!"%{NAS-Identifier}"){
	update request {
		NAS-Identifier = "%{client-shortname}"

See http://wiki.freeradius.org/Run-time_variables