Procedure to test performance

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 14:40:15 CET 2008

Hi,

> My radius server is not implemented yet, but i am wondering of a performance
> of it before it starts, I will need to simulate a performance test, My idea
> is to generate packet to analize the server.

doc/performance-testing

its in the freeradius archive - eg freeradius-server-2.0.1.tar.gz
from FTP or WWW freeradius.org

> 3. In your experience of bad performace what to focus on to improve it?
> Interfaces, RAM or proessor ?

depends on the type of authentication and methods being used. the vast
vast vast number of performance problems that are mentioned on this
list are due to SQL bottlenecks. the DB is never fast enough.

alan