authenticating with PIN only not username and password.

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 14:45:02 CET 2008

Hi,
> hi all,
>
> Can someone give me an insigth into how a user can authenticate from
> hotspot with 10digit PIN number not username and password.

make the hotspot login only ask for a PIN, then send that as the User-Name
with a password of the same value, or whatever via a RADIUS - as per normal.
then on radius server have something in users like

1234567890 Auth-Type := Accept, Cleartext-Password := "1234567890"

probably a LOT LOT easier if you are generating these accounts via a system
to throw them into an SQL database - eg the MySQL - and use the DB
functions to check the user instead. scales nicely.

alan