Creating rpm problem

Rupert Finnigan rupert.finnigan at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 27 13:16:56 CET 2008

On 27/01/2008, Laurent RAYSSIGUIER <l.rayssiguier at caplaser.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem to create a rpm of freeradius-server-2.0.1.
> If i download tar.gz file and i try to create rpm, i've got this message :
>
> [root at ldap1 ~]# rpmbuild -ta freeradius-server-2.0.1.tar.gz
> error: File /root/freeradius-2.0.1.tar.gz: No such file or directory

You need to change the freeradius.spec file in the /redhat folder. The
spec points to a .tar.gz for the source, and it's now a .tar.bz2. Or,
you could unpack the tar and gzip it to create the required source
file.

Also, I think you might need to change a bit more, as the folder
structure relates to freeradius-server, and the spec file details
freeradius.