Detailed logging on 1.1.7 [fixed]

Mother mother at netstumbler.com
Mon Jan 28 14:12:22 CET 2008

Hi all,

Since I hate when people write "No problem, I fixed it" and then
disappear into the ether without giving details that could be useful to
others, here is what I did:

1. Install screen (not by default installed in FreeBSD).
2. Run a new screen, name it something convenient (# screen -S radiusd)
3. Hit Ctrl+A-H, this will log all console output to file.
4. Start radiusd with -X or -xxxxx
5. Detach from the screen with Ctrl+A-d

FreeRADIUS is now running in this screen, and everything is being stored
to log file. At any time, you can reattach to the screen (both from
local and over SSH) to see what is going on in real time.

Cheers,

Mike