deactivate ldap.attrmap

Sebastian Heil s3b0 at gmx.de
Tue Jan 29 14:13:27 CET 2008

Hello,
we are using freeradius 2.0.1 on SLES 10.

Our users are authorized and authenticated via ldap against a Novell eDirectory.

When i look at a trace on the eDirectory, i see a lot of attributes, the Freeradius-Server wants to get from the directory. But we don't have any of these attributes in the directory, and we don't need them.

So, i tried to comment out the line
#dictionary_mapping = ${confdir}/ldap.attrmap
in the radiusd.conf, but the server still wants to get the attributes from the directory.

So, i commented out all the lines in the file ldap.attrmap, which doesn't work... The server still wants to have a least one active line in the file.
rlm_ldap: dictionary mappings file /etc/raddb/ldap.attrmap did not contain any mappings
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[637]: Instantiation failed for module "ldap"

Is there a way to deactivate the ldap.attrmap file?

Thanks a lot!

Sebastian