deactivate ldap.attrmap

Thierry CHICH thierry.chich at ac-clermont.fr
Thu Jan 31 09:29:35 CET 2008

Le jeudi 31 janvier 2008, Sebastian Heil a écrit :

> > It doesn't seem that your TLS is well initiated. I don't think it is  an
> > ldap
> > or freeradius issue.
>
> Maybe... maybe not... i dont know... the configuration-options for ldaps
> are not really good documented, i think.
>
> how can i confirm, which software produces this problem?
>
> In a first time, perhaps you could try your conf
>
> > without
> > the TLS tunnel.
>
> My configuration works with "normal" ldap. so i tried to "upgrade" to
> ldaps, which didn't work.

The hypothesis of the TLS problem  seems to be confirmed.

> > >      14 0.049652    freeradius          edirectory          TLSv1
> > > Encrypted Alert
>
> Any ideas which problem can produce this "encrypted alert"?

It is a really difficult question (for me at least). Using wireshark, you
could have a more precise view of the message sent from freeradius to ldap.

There is a lot of things that can produce the failure of the init of a TLS
tunnel. Bad certificats, failure of the negociation of the cryptographic
protocols, etc.