2.0.1 Segfault

Michael J. Hartwick hartwick at hartwick.com
Thu Jan 31 17:44:25 CET 2008

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 at 09:49 (+0100), Alan DeKok wrote:

AD>   Can you find out what equipment is generating this nonsense, and file
AD> a bug on bugs.freeradius.org with the make/model, etc?  That way other
AD> people can avoid broken equipment.

I will see what I can find out for sure. I think that it might be
being added by the server that is proxying the packets to us. They
insisted that it works properly, however, the packets I was receiving
certainly were odd.

AD> > I *think* that the problem might be the length=0 in the call to
AD> > rad_attr2vp(). If that is the case then something like:
AD> >
AD> > if (length = 0) return NULL;
AD> >
AD> > at line 1928 or so of radius.c might resolve the problem. Before I go
AD> > ahead and make that addition, am I on the right page or way off in left
AD> > field on this?
AD>
AD>   You're right, but that change will cause the entire packet to be
AD> discarded.  If you're Ok with that, fine.
AD>
AD>   Otherwise, I've committed a patch to CVS head that should fix this.

Thanks for the response, it has been a while since I have had the time
to poke through the source so I wasn't sure if my "patch" would have
worked or not so decided to post to the list.

I have taken the radius.c file from CVS and put it into 2.0.1 and so
far it seems to be doing exactly what it is supposed to be. I haven't
seen those empty pairs coming up while running it under gdb with -X. I
haven't had the time to look through the change log to see what other
changes have been made and given that we have been having problems I
don't really want to run the CVS version until things have been stable
for us for a bit.

Thanks for the patch!

Michael

Michael J. Hartwick, VE3SLQ                      hartwick at hartwick.com
Hartwick Communications Consulting                      (519) 396-7719
Kincardine, ON, CA                             http://www.hartwick.com