freeradius with multiple ldap servers

Sambuddho Chakravarty sc2516 at columbia.edu
Tue Jul 1 18:51:20 CEST 2008

Hello
 This is exactly what I did . I forgot to put the separate module names
here in the email it like this

/etc/raddb/modules/ldap1---------------------------------------------------------------- ldap ldap1{

 /etc/raddb/modules/ldap2---------------------------------------

 ldap ldap2{
..
}

Or is it that it should be one file ?

And now when I try to start the server this is what the error I see :

server {
 modules {
 Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
//etc/raddb/modules/ldap1[29]: Failed to link to module 'rlm_ldap':
rlm_ldap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
//etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[744]: Failed to find module "ldap1".
//etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[743]: Errors parsing authenticate section.

The radius.conf has this :

authorize {
        redundant {
         ldap1
        ldap2

   authenticate {
        ldap1
        ldap2
}

Rest of radius.conf is untouched.

When trying with a single server ,it matches the radius request against
rlm_pap and not rlm_ldap. I am confused.

Thanks
Sambuddho