Proxy Timeout Behavior

David Mitchell mitchell at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 1 20:03:35 CEST 2008

I'm trying to figure out how to have FreeRadius not send an
authentication failed response if it can't reach a proxy. What I would
prefer is that it simply not respond at all. That would allow my NAS to
fall back to using a local password if my proxy is down or unreachable.
A quick look at the source to event.c makes it appear that sending the
reject is hard coded. Is there some way around this that I'm missing?
Thanks in advance,

-David Mitchell