freeradius with wpa/wpa2 and win xp home

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 2 14:20:13 CEST 2008

Piotr Salwerowicz wrote:
> I have problem with freeradius 2.x with wpa/wpa2 and win xp home sp2.
> I try to make 802.1x + wpa/wpa2 on my ap linksys/dd-wrt. The supplicants
> are windows xp home with sp2 with patch wpa/wpa2. On my access points i
> set wpa/wpa2 enterprise/mix/radius and every time i have in logs:
> "Sending Access-Challenge of..." and its not connect

  Read raddb/eap.conf.  This *exact* behavior is documented.
Work-arounds are also documented.

> I setup my freeradius on base this site:
>
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/8021X-HOWTO/freeradius.html

  Don't.  Just don't.  That's for version 1.0.0, which is MANY years old.

  The newer versions of the server Just Work.  If you have OpenSSL on
your system, just install the server, and start it as root, in debugging
mode.  It will generate test certificates.