freeradius with wpa/wpa2 and win xp home

Piotr Salwerowicz piotr.salwerowicz at interia.pl
Wed Jul 2 14:45:59 CEST 2008

Alan DeKok pisze:
> Piotr Salwerowicz wrote:
>> I have problem with freeradius 2.x with wpa/wpa2 and win xp home sp2.
>> I try to make 802.1x + wpa/wpa2 on my ap linksys/dd-wrt. The supplicants
>> are windows xp home with sp2 with patch wpa/wpa2. On my access points i
>> set wpa/wpa2 enterprise/mix/radius and every time i have in logs:
>> "Sending Access-Challenge of..." and its not connect
>
>   Read raddb/eap.conf.  This *exact* behavior is documented.
> Work-arounds are also documented.

thx for answers, i forgot write that  I use only login and password for
authentication, i don't use certificates, EAP-mschapv2. This workaround
is for me ?

I patched win xp using this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885453
but didn't work :(

I founded something:
http://freeradius.org/features/eap.html

there is:

The following methods are also supported, but cannot be used with WPA or
IEEE 802.1X WEP keying.

     * EAP-MD5-Challenge
     * EAP-MSCHAPv2

I'm not sure that  this notice its for me

thanks
Piotr