freeradius with multiple ldap servers

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Thu Jul 3 21:54:11 CEST 2008

> But I don't have a field in the database by that name .

No, you don't. I am talking about ldap section of radiusd.conf. You need
to set the appropriate radius password attribute.

http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/Rlm_ldap

>Also , my
>question on failover. Is the failover used when the first LDAP server is
>down / unresponsive to connection attempts or when it is not able to
>authenticate (example bad username / password)  ?

No response or no user in that ldap database. If the user is present but
password is wrong user will be rejected.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP