=?UTF-8?Q?freeradius-proxy_+_PAP_works, _PEAP_and_the_rest_doesn=C2=B4t?=

uni at christiankraus.de uni at christiankraus.de
Sun Jul 6 08:55:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

so, I did some new runs. There are no more DH error within the radiusd -X output, but as you already pointed out, the freeradius is acting as proxy. Here is my hardware setup just for clarification:

1. setup:
WLAN access router => Aruba WLAN concentrators =>  IAS/Radius => external RADIUS server

What worked:

- Login through Web Redirect homepage + PAP + external servers
- Login through 802.1X/MSCHAPv2/PEAP for users on the IAS/RADIUS

But I couldn´t get external RADIUS server get connected to the IAS/RADIUS with given local login credentials

Therefore I tried FreeRadius, which leads to the
2. setup:

WLAN access router => Aruba WLAN concentrators => FreeRadius (which proxies to) => Win2003 with IAS/Radius // external RADIUS server
I´m still waiting for an answer whether there´s now a succesful request from external server to my local on,

What is working:

- Login through 802.1X/MSCHAPv2/PEAP for users on the IAS/RADIUS, which are now procied succesfully through the FreeRadius

What is not working:

- Login through Web Redirect homepage + PAP + external servers

So, first get that problem solved:

- PAP through IAS/RADIUS to external servers was working
- PAP through the FreeRADIUS server to external servers isn´t working

So, how to fix this?

thanks and a happy weekend