ASSERT FAILED

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 8 13:18:16 CEST 2008

Norbert Wegener wrote:
> As snmp is not available right now, I am looking in how to deal with
> statistics, status_server and played a bit.
> This way  I was able to kill freeradius...

  Whoops.  The intent was to allow Status-Server to any port, but to
permit the statistics only to a "status" port.

> First I noticed:
> radclient: dict_init: /usr/share/freeradius//dictionary.freeradius[47]:
> dict_addattr: attribute name too long
> I commented out a few of the long-named values.

  Hmm...  The if src/include/libradius.h has a DICT_ATTR with
attrname[40], then you have an old copy of the source.  This was fixed
in a commit on June 19.

> rad_recv: Status-Server packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 33453, id=117,
> length=50
>    Message-Authenticator = 0x32f28212809676b99d5943988a714aa8
>    FreeRADIUS-Statistics-Type = Authentication
> ASSERT FAILED stats.c[318]: request->listener->type == RAD_LISTEN_NONE
> Abgebrochen

  Grab an update from the new CVS tree:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at git.freeradius.org:/freeradius-server.git
checkout -d radiusd master

  You should be able to just copy src/main/listen.c from there you your
existing tree, so you don't have to do a full configure/make again.