xp sp3 and freeradius 2.0.5

Oxiel Contreras oxiel.contreras at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 15:15:15 CEST 2008

Hello Alan.

> further to previous post - your log shows several WARNING
> entries - fix those.

Yes, fixed with eap.conf indications.

> finally, read eap.conf - especially the part about Windows
> systems not responding to EAP challenges...which is what your
> log looks like

I've read it again, this time consciously, but i think is already
there, maybe i'm loosing something, please correct me; as i know, sp3
already brings the patch needed with sp2.

As you noted the client gets Access-Accept once, but then for some
reason i don't know, it looses connection and never gets access to the
network, on windows the network icon, shows trying to connect then
later get the exclamation sign on the icon, first thought it was
something with the vlan assignation, so removed it, and let it stay on
vlan 1, but the same behavior .

Other things that made me doubt was the username received by fr, most
of the time is the machine name: host/caja02.cosmart.bo, instead of
the domain username: COSMART\\jat, so as Tom pointed in previous
email, i'm using wired configuration service on windows services, i'm
not doing wireless at all, so disabled MPPE keys, put use_mppe = no on
mschap module, but it continues to appear messages like these with
radiusd -X

MS-MPPE-Recv-Key =
0xbc92e431af5c7ffb4d5b7995391751603d37b0f0ff4b90fbfecd1785d2d987b9
        MS-MPPE-Send-Key =
0x298436d731ecef7178d901f10b1654124cb4b52e1e1ed23fd33b1ec32476b480

Last i will regenerate the certs with the new way, sorry i stayed with
1.X long ago and recently upgraded to 2.0.5, what i did was to copy
the certs directory from my previous working setup, guess there's
something different.

I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Oxiel