proxy-to-realm versus using a suffix

Chris Fruehwirth cfruehwi at nd.edu
Tue Jul 8 16:35:05 CEST 2008

Hello,

FreeRADIUS version 2.0.4

I'm wonder what's the difference between using a suffix like @realmname
versus using the proxy-to-realm in the users file.

My current setup is testing using the XP supplicant using PEAP. I've
already been able to terminate the PEAP connection and then proxy the
MSCHAPV2 to the IAS server, but the behavior I get by doing this doesn't
allow the XP client to popup the re-enter you credentials window after
you change your password.

So now I'm just trying to proxy the whole request through, which works
using just the @realmname. But it doesn't working using the stanza entry
with the proxy-to-realm in the users file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris