proxy-to-realm versus using a suffix

Chris Fruehwirth cfruehwi at nd.edu
Wed Jul 9 00:56:19 CEST 2008

Here is my update from testing with different versions. I tried to test
the same scenario with 2.0.5 and got the same failed results. Then I
went back to 1.1.7 and it worked.

Here is more information on what I am trying to do.

I would like to add the realm name to specific RADIUS traffic either by
IP address, EAP type or NAS-Port-Type.

I was thinking of doing something like this below in the users file.

DEFAULT EAP-Type == PEAP, Proxy-To-Realm := "SW"

or

DEFAULT NAS-Port-Type == Wireless-802.11, Proxy-To-Realm := "SW"

or by defining a huntgroup

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == Wirelesscontrollers,  Proxy-To-Realm := "SW"

If there is a better way to do this in 2.0.4-5, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Chris