Radius

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Tue Jul 15 13:13:50 CEST 2008

>If I plugin XP to eth0 (network line), the server will assign an IP
>address to that computer and immediately able to connect to internet
>(iptables redirect traffic to eth1).

So you have DHCP working there. No authentication.

>then I try to authenticate the wifi client I wonder why the
>NAS-IP-Address always show 0.0.0.0

You will have to consult NAS documentation about setting IP addresses on
that device.

> but when I run radtest on terminal
>server it shows IP address..
>
># radtest MarsNet 000 localhost 0 testing123
>
>         User-Name   = MarsNet
>
>         User-Password  = 000
>
>         NAS-IP-Address  = 192.168.1.10 ( server IP address)
>
>         NAS-Port = 0
>
>#

Ugh. This is also wrong. Localhost should resolve to 127.0.0.1 not server
IP address. This is nothing to do with radius. Your network setup is
bad. Fix the network so IP addresses resolve properly.

>In previous email you were mention about client attribute fail. How to fix it?

Which attribute? Was it State? If it was, than that equipment is
unusable. Replace it with equipment that works.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP