Which documentation Re:

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jul 17 08:24:32 CEST 2008

jonas m wrote:
> My Question is about the documentation that I found on the net.

  Random documentation found on the net is usually wrong.

> http://www.novell.com/documentation/edir_radius/pdfdoc/radadmin/radadmin.pdf
>
> Does anybody know if this is the best documentation there is.

  For what?  FreeRADIUS *does* come with documentation.

> For example this document describes that you in should export your
> certificate from the eDirectory server and put it in the Freeradius
> server. Then edit the radius.conf  tls_cacertfile with the path to the
> imported certificate.

  Yes.... if you want to use LDAP over SSL, you need to tell FreeRADIUS
about the certificates being used.

> I have to do some schema changes if I should follow this documentation
> and before I do that I would like to be shore that this is the best guide.

  Schema changes have nothing to do with SSL certificates.

> For starters we don’t use universal passwords today, and I am afraid
> that implementing this could have some negative affects on our live site.

  Why?

> My goal is to use this in a “secure” wireless solution.

  Certificates used for LDAP have nothing to do with wireless
certificates.  They are different, and SHOULD be different.

> Hop somebody can bring me some light in this matter.

  You seem to have confused different uses for certificates.  Different
web sites have different certificates.  This is exactly the same kind of
situation.  You have one set of certificates for LDAP, and another for
wireless.