freeradius ippool issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jul 17 11:41:29 CEST 2008

paulm at 2domains.com wrote:
> sry for the bad output, but this ware the lines with "Access-Accept",
> this is the whole thing:
> - the whole log it's at "http://alexandrunet.ro/radius_log"

  Which has ZERO use.  The server doesn't even receive any packets!

  Do you even understand what an Access-Accept is?

> radiusd -X | grep Access-Accept

  No.  Do NOT do that.  You are trying VERY hard to ignore all of the
output of "radiusd -X".

  If you're not going to follow the instructions on this list, then
don't ask questions here.  If you're not going to read the output of
radiusd -X, then don't even other trying to run the server.  You will
NEVER get the problem fixes.

  And you ARE aware that RADIUS cannot assign IP's for wireless
networks, right?  You've been told this multiple times already.

  I have no idea why you insist on ignoring the output of "radiusd -X".
   It is the ONLY thing which can help solve the problem.  We have asked
you for this REPEATEDLY, and every time you have gone out of your way to
delete ALL useful information from the debug output.

  Again, you are trying very hard to make it impossible for us to help
you.  STOP IT.  It's annoying.  Follow the instructions, and stop trying
to be smart about it.  Every little edit you do to "simplify" the output
of "radiusd -X" destroys the information we need to help you.

  Did I mention to run "radiusd -X"?  And to post the full logs, without
editing it?  And INCLUDE in the logs the output from when the server
receives a packet, processes it, and sends a response?

  That last bit shouldn't be rocket science. Honestly, I have no idea
why you think it's useful to post the (un-edited) logs from when the
server does nothing, and then the (edited) logs from when the server
receives a packet.

  It's like you're *trying* to make it impossible for us to help you.