Solaris 10 - Zone Compiling FreeRadius 2.04

thekat thekewlcat at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 20:22:44 CEST 2008

Alan..
Much thanks for the reply and very helpful advice..

>> the rlm_sql_oracle does configure.
 > So that works, at least.
Actually the Makefile was incorrect..

I took your advice and edited the Makefile and it was a simple edit.
My system is a 64 bit Sparc box, and FR-2.05 only compiles 32 bit.
---
RLM_SQL_LIBS   =  -L/u007/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib -lclntsh -lm
Change this line to use the 32 bit libraries:
RLM_SQL_LIBS   =  -L/u007/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib32 -lclntsh -lm
---
>> I get this error (at the end) when running:
>>
>> # make all
>> false cru .libs/libfreeradius-radius.a  dict.o filters.o hash.o hmac.o

> It looks like you don't have a dynamic linker on your system.  i.e.
> "false" is NOT a valid linker.

> Ensure that your system has the tools that allow it to compile programs.

> Alan DeKok.

I had a PATH issue and resolved it..

Looking at the config.log after the configure and found it contained:
AR='false'

Adding /usr/ccs/bin to my PATH  resolved the issue..

Charles