ntlm_authentication for multiple supplicants

splintered thoughts splinteredthoughts at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 06:03:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

I've trying to get ntlm_auth to authenticate several supplicants using freeradius 1.1.6, specifically with MacOS and Windows XP SP3, and I've attempting to inspect the contents of variables while doing the ntlm_auth authentication. My ntlm_auth command is:

ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --username=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name:-%{mschap:User-Name}}} --challenge=%{mschap:Challenge:-00} --nt-response=%{mschap:NT-Response:-00}

Is there a way to use regular expressions or otherwise to inspect the Stripped-User-Name to adjust which radius attribute is used in the ntlm_auth command, in other words look for a value

Stripped-User-Name =~ /^value(.*)$/

and then use, for instance, the %{mschap:User-Name}in its place to authenticate? Is there a better approach?

Thanks,

John