What's possible in hints file?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 15:42:33 CEST 2008

Stefan A. wrote:
> Gurus,
>
> normally, I would do a short check, but currently I've no connection to one
> of my running FR, but have to plan some extensions.
> Has someone of you done something like the following?
>
> Regarding 'hints' - file: Would it be possible to use
> - $INCLUDE /path/file?

rlm_preprocess uses "pairlist_read" to read in the file; this supports
$INCLUDE so yes, it should work

> - Fall-Trough?

I wrote a patch for that, which Alan incorporated into one of the recent
releases. The "git" repo I have cloned says it went in on Mar 5th, and
that it was in tagged 2.0.3 - see bug 477

> - temp A/V pairs defined in the global dictionary file using an ID > 3000
> and using them as %{My-Attribute} later on?

Sure, that's definitely possible.