PEAP or TTLS and Microsoft Vista.

Lech Karol Pawłaszek ike at szluug.org
Thu Jul 24 13:23:15 CEST 2008

SecureW2 (List) wrote:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa813696(VS.85).aspx

Nice article. However I don't understand a few things. What's "pdb
<pdbpath>"? I'm not good at Windows.

> To enable logging do the following:
>
> - Netsh wlan set tra yes
> - netsh ras set tr * en
> - Reproduce your problem
> - netsh ras set tr * dis
> - Netsh wlan set tra no

Well. I have problems with _wired_ connection so I've used "netsh lan"
instead "netsh wlan". I hope it's the right thing.

> If you go to the %windir%\tracing\wireless\ directory you will a load of
> .etl files in different directories.

:-) yea. Which one is... hm... important? onex or eaphost?

> Use the tracerpt *.* command to change the .etl to readable .txt files.

I'm attaching onex.txt and eaphost.txt. I'm not exactly sure what I
should search for. Any hints?

> PS. I don't like plugging like this but we are almost finished with the
> latest SecureW2 EAPSuite which supports EAP-TTLS/EAP-PEAPv0/v1 and EAP-GTC
> and has been tested quite extensively with Vista SP0/SP1.

Awesome. I hope it'll work with my Vista's...

Kind regards,

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace" [KoRn]