cert bootstrap bug? (was Re: definitively, I have a problem with eap-tls)

Reveal MAP revealmapp at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 25 17:57:40 CEST 2008

> But I think this problem do not affect peap because peap do not use
> client certs, you only need to install ca.der into client machine and
> put the passwords

i refer to that:

> so my question is, if the certificate (with server extension) is
missing on the client, could it interfer in EAP-PEAP authentication
success?

yes.

you need a RADIUS cert with the extensions...and if doing proper
PEAP, you need the CA installed on the client too  - with 'validate
server certificate' checked and cross-linked (ie you choose
the correct CA in the list!)

alan

really?? it seems to affect PEAP too when freeradius authenticates against Active Directory.

if i understood well,PEAP authentication need client side a login + password and server side a certificate in order to the authentication process to success!
so, which certificate have i to install on client side?
- i did ever try ca.der with no success! 'after an access-challenge, the request simply stops.
- i am trying sever.crt too, with no more success. i install it in intermediate authority containeer,but it won't be available in the list of the wireless manager of xp.
if you have a suggestion, i am open!