Need help on Free Radius - can't authenticate for user domain.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jul 31 10:06:06 CEST 2008

  Please don't CC me on messages to the list.  I *do* read the list.
And I *don't* do chat.

Le Sang wrote:
> 1/. I'm using wireless for network access. All wireless clients will be
> accessed network through authenticated with AD. It means authenticating
> "domain auth" (like LAN wire network)

  No.  You need to enable 802.1x authentication on the wireless access
points.  Go read the access point documentation.

> 2/. Radius will be used authenticating for user domain (this is my purpose).

  No.  RADIUS might *use* AD to authenticate the user.  But domain
authentication is *not* done via RADIUS.

  It is a matter of dependency.  RADIUS depends on AD.  AD does NOT
depend on RADIUS.

> And another thing I found you wrote in the email "***Configuring
> FreeRADIUS to use ntlm_auth
> <http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-users/2007-September/msg00310.html>*".
> The error is same with my error but my problem still happen. When i
> deleted line "Auth-Type = System" in users file in /etc/raddb, the
> authenticating happened unsuccessful.

  Then you haven't configured it as instructed in the documentation.