Reconfiguration of "rlm_fastusers.c" to compare User-Name in a case-insensitive

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 5 07:11:14 CEST 2008

Khaiti, Issam (ext) wrote:
> Is there anybody knows, how can I extend or reconfigure "
> rlm_fastusers.c " ,
> so that this one do match User-Names in a case-insensitive.

  I would suggest to NOT use rlm_fastusers in 2.0.  The "users" file has
been updated to use hashes/trees internally.  It can load 1M users in 3s
on a normal machine, and then do authentication pretty much
independently of the number of entries in the "users" file.

  If you want to do case-insensitive comparisons, editing the source
code is probably the simplest way.