PEAP problem when using domain suffix

Graham Marsh graham at netmarsh.com
Fri Jun 6 14:06:03 CEST 2008

> You will need to strip it; what "other" problem did it cause?

The "other" problem it caused was as follows and as another respondent
wrote, you can't mess with the User-Name attribute, so that's the
wrong path to take it seems. Anyway I found some additional info in
the main branch of the thread. FYI the appropriate debug log section
is as follows when I rewrite the User-Name attribute:

  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 6
rlm_eap: Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity.
  rlm_eap: Failed in handler
  modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns invalid for request 6
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns invalid) for request 6
auth: Failed to validate the user.
  Found Post-Auth-Type
  Processing the post-auth section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group REJECT for request 6