FR 2.0.4 on Solaris 10 Sparc

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 10 11:36:15 CEST 2008

Stefan A. wrote:
> I still have problems, getting FR 2.0.4 up and running, for days.. Reading
> hundreds of emails and listings....   I'm lost.

  It's not a FreeRADIUS problem.

> I also renamed the src/directories of
> 	counter, eap, eap2, ippool, krb5, ldap, opt, pam, perl, python
> To not use them, because I'll only do accounting into MySQL.

  That's unnecessary.  Please don't do that.

> Some Warnings are still there:

  They are WARNINGs, not ERRORs.  Ignore them.

> (I will take a look for the MySQL warning later, but I'm sure, that the libs
> are in the directory, given to ./configure)

  Or, just edit src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/Makefile

  The "configure" script is just there to catch the common cases.  If it
doesn't work, the "Makefile" *is* text, and *can* be edited by hand.

> 'make install' also runs, but shows a lot of warnings similar to this one
> "libtool: install: warning: relinking `rlm_expiration.la'"

  Again, warnings are not errors.

> 'radiusd -X' just tells:
>
> 		ld.so.1: radiusd: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such
> file or directory

  You've managed to install libgcc in a location where the run-time
linker can't find it.  This is a gcc/solaris problem.  It's NOT a
freeradius problem.

  See "man crle" on Solaris for how to fix it.  e.g.:

$ crle -l /path/to/directory/containing/libgcc -u

  If you don't have libgcc.... install it from sunfreeware.

> Coming to that point, it is real frustrating to read:
>> My solaris 10 installs go pretty much like any other system.  I just
>> make sure that the C compiler can find the include files, and that the
>> linker can find the libraries.
>
> What else did you do?

  I installed libgcc from sunfreeware, gcc, libiconv, and a bunch of
other things.  I read the documentation on sunfreeware, to see what
other packages were needed by the packages I wanted.  I downloaded them
all, and installed them all.

> Any further ideas?

  The problems you're running into are strictly Solaris.  You would see
them if you tried to build *any* Open Source software from the source code.