help EAP-TNC

fbernal at um.es fbernal at um.es
Thu Jun 12 13:04:39 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm working  in setting up a basic scenario which involves 3
components: a client using Xsupplicant a AP making use of hostapd and
a Radius server using FreeRadius ;). I'm trying to probe the EAP-TNC
method but i have received this message from the FreeRadius server:

rlm_eap: ERROR: EAP-TNC must be run inside of a TLS method.

I've configured EAP-TLS and this method alone it is working properly.
So when I put in configuration file --> default_eap_method = tnc
FreeRadius shows the message before. I think that in some way TLS must
be configured or something to transport EAP-TNC, ok? (is possible to
do this?)

is posible test EAP-TNC  with the current version of FreeRadius?

Regards,
Fernando.