Can FreeRADIUS proxy accounting requests to multiple systems?

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Thu Jun 12 21:39:51 CEST 2008

>I'm looking to have both of these systems proxy incoming accounting
>data to each other, so that they both have complete, up-to-date data
>regarding which users are presently authenticated on which services, but
>I'd also like to have them proxy the accounting data to a third system
>(commercial "appliance" type of system, though I understand that it does
>use FreeRADIUS as its RADIUS server) which might act as our wireless
>network management system (we're presently evaluating it).

I hope you are using the same database to store authentication data for
your users. And that both are witing accounting data into the same
radacct table. If that is so, you don't need to proxy accounting from
one radius server to the other - they already have a complete picture.
Just configure them both to proxy accounting to the NMS.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP