Deploying Freeradius in a HA environment

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 09:53:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I would have to dispute that. We've seen NASes across the range (Cisco,
> 3Com, Extreme) fail to move to the backup/secondary radius server they've
> got configured.

report such bugs to the manufacturers of the NAS devices and double
check your device configs - several of them have quirky ways of failing
over. if you do want to point to a single IP etc then just standard
L4 balancing will work - but ensure that the FR boxes are sharing
the same information if you rely on accounting records for decisions
(eg simultaneous usage)

alan