Goodbye SNMP, hello statistics.

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 19:18:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

>   Yes.  But... it is a potential security issue to expose those
> statistics to anyone who asks.

obviously.

>   I could see external sites querying these statistics if:
>
> - the connection is encrypted
> - the client is querying a socket dedicated to Status-Server messages.

yep. now...although I'm thinking RADSEC could be involved...just
a new port that is properly firewalled would do..... i guess
a 'statistics virtual server' would be the ideal thing.

>   Yes.  There are a LOT of statistics available now.  Almost every
> counter that you could track inside the server is exposed via this method.

i noted! grabbed the CVS to just have a look at the dictionary file.
nice. however, it didnt compile... but i see a new change in auth.c
as i write this...nope. still dead

auth.c: In function 'rad_authlog':
auth.c:119: error: expected expression before '<<' token
auth.c:828: error: expected declaration or statement at end of input

alan