Kicking off billing scipt in accounting block

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jun 22 10:29:58 CEST 2008

Chris wrote:
> Perhaps users should be expected to go read source code comments to
> figure out what's going on, too.

  Perhaps you should not take extreme positions in order to mock others.

> FreeRADIUS is a gem, to be sure, and it continues to help me make money,
> but I've configured a lot of services over the years and the FreeRADIUS
> "documentation," frankly, sucks.

  Great!  Write some, and submit it.

  Oh, wait... 99.9% of the people who complain that the documentation is
horrible end up solving their problem, DON'T write documentation about
it, and therefore DON'T submit anything back to the project.

  See?  It's *your* fault that the documentation sucks.  I've held up my
end by writing much of the server, by writing reams of documentation in
the config files, and by running the project for 10 years.

  What have *you* contributed?  What do you intend to contribute?

> This fact is "documented" by the lack of a "Documentation" tab or link
> on www.freeradius.org.

  As always, patches are welcome.

  People who complain that the server "sucks" and then don't do anything
about it can go read section 6 of the top-level README.  It's directed
at you.