Kicking off billing scipt in accounting block

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Sun Jun 22 15:05:52 CEST 2008

On 22 Jun 2008, at 11:46, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> FreeRADIUS is a gem, to be sure, and it continues to help me make
>> money,
>> but I've configured a lot of services over the years and the
>> FreeRADIUS
>> "documentation," frankly, sucks.

No, the man pages are just fine. The problem here is the documentation
often assumes a knowledge of the protocol / supporting RFCs. Either
people are too stupid/ lazy to go out and find the information
themselves, or they've lost the basic ability to learn things without
being spoon-fed.

> hmm, FreeRADIUS makes you money....and you get all the support
> from us, this list, and the free wiki etc for free. and yet
> you are happy to complain about the documentation without
> contributing to your source of income?  nice.

This guys crappy attitude aside, the wiki could use a bit of an
overhaul. All the 1.* stuff needs stripping out or marking as such,
because it's getting confusing.

Could each take a few sections? It's a bit much for one person to
tackle by themselves.

Arran