Web-based OTP authentication

Jaishankar J jaishankarj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:20:45 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have a server which can authenticate a phone-generated counter-based OTP
using a web-service (http or https). Can anyone suggest the easiest method
for integrating that authentication method with the latest version of
FreeRadius? I have looked at PAM and rlm_otp, but was wondering if there is
a way in which I can call the web-service from a tool using exec-wait.

My idea is to use the FreeRadius at the edge to receive the RADIUS requests
and then pass the username and OTP using the web-service for authentication.

Thanks in advance,
Jai