About ipaddr

ELOM ETSE infomario_007 at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 25 16:24:59 CEST 2008

Hi!
I installed and configured the server freeRADIUS. When i didn't fill the ipaddr field or fill it with 127.0.0.1, all seem going well. But when i specify this field with an address of 192.168.1.0 network, i have this result:
radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
listen {
    type = "auth"
    ipaddr = 192.168.2.1
    port = 1812
ERROR: Failed to open socket: cannot bind socket: Cannot assign requested address
/usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[236]: Error binding to port for 192.168.2.1 port 1812
Please Where is the problem?
Can i use localhost address for ipaddr field? or fill with *?
With what can i fill the acess point security field?
Please help me because i'am installing this server since saturday but no good result.
Thanks