openLDAP & freeRADIUS

William E. Russell wrussell at incnetworks.com
Thu Jun 26 00:32:49 CEST 2008

All,

	I am currently working with openLDAP and freeRADIUS.
	I have correctly set up freeRADIUS to read from my openLDAP. I can't
seem to authenticate my user. I have narrowed down the error to a single
line, "rlm_eap_mschapv2: Invalid response type 4". From my hours of
searching online, I have realized that all this means is that there was an
error in the response packet. I have no idea what error could have occurred.
I believe it may have to do with the password_attribute. I read something
documentation that said there was some issue with LDAP and passing a
cleartext password. Also, as you can see, I am using EAP/PEAP with MSCHAP.
Any body have any insight in to this type of thing? If I could just get some
help on how to set up the LDAP and RADIUS, that would be great - I have read
just about every single tutorial so please don't direct me to one of those.
I need someone who has a similar set up - what did you use for password
attribute?

William

William E. W. Russell
Member of Technical Staff (Software Development)
198 Brighton Avenue
Long Branch, New Jersey 07740
Home #: 732-752-2037
Cell #: 732-744-6483