dhcp server - some patches

EvilEzh ezh at telcobalt.lv
Sun Jun 29 09:36:53 CEST 2008

>  In some cases, the server needs to send an explicit NAK, in order to
> force the client to re-broadcast a discover.

That's true, but i'll choose when send NAK and when not. Or not respond at
all.
Of course we can make some rfc check (discover->offer; request->ack,nak; and
so on).

Actualy i'm implementing it with jradius module :). Good that can work with
option 82.
And another good thing that i've some devices with java api, so i can
directly control them togeather with dhcp server/radius auth.

I've running it now for more than week in production. Everything now looks
ok now.

p.s. if I remember right there was some code which cheks for dhcp client
"MSFT 98" there can also add code for "udhcp *" and before it was check for
opcode ==3. opcode never will be 3 (1|2).
Maybe this was for some testing and code isn't needed anymore.