freeradius accepts anybody

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jun 29 19:05:00 CEST 2008

Sergio Yébenes Moreno wrote:
> using freeradius with EAP-TLS, the CommonName field of client
> certificate contains this: "pepe"
> If my file raddb/users constains this: "pepe123" Auth-Type := EAP
> Radius sends an Access-Acept and they shouldn't.

  (1) EAP-TLS authenticates users based on client certificates.  If you
don't want a user to be authenticated, don't issue them a client
certificate.  Or, revoke their client certificate.

  (2) The configuration you posted disagrees with itself.  Are you
configuring something for "pepe", or "pepe123" ?

  (3) The configuration you posted does nothing other than request EAP
authentication... which is already done for EAP-TLS.

  (4) Nothing in what you posted indicates that the server should reject
anyone.

  i.e. You have NOT configured the server to reject any users.  As a
result, it does not reject anyone.