nat translation on apache 2 webserver on Linux

Charnjit Sidhu c.sidhu at bham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 15:53:14 CET 2008

Another question.

We can only get our radius authentication to work on our webserver when it is outside of our internal firewall ie it has a static ip address of what is specified on the radius server.

The current setup is that it is behind a firewall which translates the external ip address with the internal ip address of the linux apache web server on an internal local network, this allows for other internal operations to take place, however this causes authentication to fail with a 401 error reported on the webpage.

is there any further configuration I can do on my linux web server to translate authentication from the external ipaddress of the web server to the internal ip address. or any rules extra rules I need to add to my firewall.

hope this makes sense.

Charnjit

Charnjit Sidhu
Computing Officer