is it possible: PEAP and TTLS on one SSID?

William Bulley web at umich.edu
Mon Mar 10 15:59:44 CET 2008

For Windows supplicants, we will use PEAPv0/MS-CHAPv2.

For non-Windows supplicants, we would use EAP/TTLS and
MD5 as the inner method.

I am confused as to how to configure FreeRADIUS 2.0.1
to accomplish this simultaneous behaviour.  What causes
me to be confused is this directive in the EAP module:

   default_eap_type = peap

which could equally be this directive:

   default_eap_type = ttls

but not at the same time since there can be only one
default_eap_type (hence the word "default").  Is this
even possible?  And, if yes, why then does FreeRADIUS
have the default_eap_type configuration item?  Thanks.

Regards,

web...

William Bulley                     Email: web at umich.edu