Can freeRadius do that?

Guillaume Chartrand guillaume.chartrand at Collanaud.Qc.Ca
Tue Mar 11 14:58:04 CET 2008

Hi,

I just want to know if freeradius server can do what I want to deploy in my environnement. I want to deploy freeradius to taking care of security and authorization for my wireless network. What I want to do is like many hotel in my country. The user open is laptop with wireless capability, is automaticly connected to the wireless network but if he want to use the internet connection, when he first run is browser, he's automaticly redirect to an authentification page that ask him a username and a password. So is it freeradius who's handle this or another software or combination of software. Like a freeradius server and a proxy or freeradius with third party software.

Can someone help me with my interrogation.

Thanks a lot

Guillaume Chartrand

Technicien informatique

Cégep régional de Lanaudière