Help me with proxying certain packets

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 18 02:36:25 CET 2008

Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
>    So, when some conditions occur, i need freeradius to proxy such a
>    request to first, specific destination (not "default" one).

  That should be relatively easy.

>    So, something like this works in general case:
>    users: ---------------------
>    DEFAULT Called-Station-Id == "OKLMNPQ", Proxy-To-Realm := "specific"
>    DEFAULT Proxy-To-Realm := "default"

  Yes.  Or, in 2.0, use "unlang".  It's ever so much easier...

>    I have tried to write a python module, which -- if those "specific"
>    conditions occur -- updates User-Name  (adds realm "@specific" to
>    username) and sets (('Autz-Type', 'Specific'),) in return tuple and
>    changed authorize section like this:

  You generally don't need to write scripts for these decisions in 2.0.

>    I have FreeRADIUS 1.1.7 with rlm_python.

  I suggest upgrading to 2.0.3.  It has a large number of bugs fixed
over 1.1.7, and is generally compatible with the 1.1.7 configuration files.