rpmbuild freeradius-server-2.0.3.tar.gz

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 18 08:54:22 CET 2008

Andrew Long wrote:
> Just hoping that these changes get written into the next release OR
> that someone can point out my stupidity and where I am erring in the
> build process that the initial rpmbuild fails with the supplied spec
> file.

  I think it's because the server installs dictionaries in
/usr/share/freeradius, and the spec file expects to see them in
/user/share/freeradius-server.

  Change this line:

%{_datadir}/%{name}

  to:

%{_datadir}/freeradius

  The spec file *should* then work with the
freeradius-server-2.0.3.tar.gz file, subject to the _incdir comments below.

> Also, I think I am not alone in using CentOS, so a note might be nice
> in the INSTALL or README regarding the  need to add %_incdir
> /usr/include to .rpmmacros on Cent (or, to change it to _includedir -
> as pointed out by Richard Siddal).

  Ok...