Help me with proxying certain packets

Dmytro O. Redchuk dor at ldc.net
Tue Mar 18 13:18:17 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 02:36:25AM +0100, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
> >    So, when some conditions occur, i need freeradius to proxy such a
> >    request to first, specific destination (not "default" one).
>
>   That should be relatively easy.

I have got working config for authorization in like this way:

-- radiusd.conf: ---------------------
modules {
    files files_default {
        # ... as default -- acct_users etc
    }

    files files_specific {
        # ... acct_users.specific etc
    }

    # this python "module" sets Autz-Type to "Specific"
    # if some conditions occur:
    python my_py_specific {
        # ...

authorize {
    preprocess

    my_py_specific

    files_default

    Autz-Type Specific {
        files_specific
--------------------------------------

-- users: ----------------------------
DEFAULT Called-Station-Id == "KLMNOPQ", Proxy-To-Realm := "specific"
DEFAULT Proxy-To-Realm := "DEFAULT"
--------------------------------------

-- users.specific: -------------------
DEFAULT Proxy-To-Realm := "specific"
--------------------------------------

This works for authorization, but i could not get it working for
accounting, i dont know why.
("pre-acct {my_py_specific}" and then Acct-Type in "accounting {...},
right?)

But my question now is: is this "right way"? How i could do this better?

> >    I have FreeRADIUS 1.1.7 with rlm_python.
>
>   I suggest upgrading to 2.0.3.  It has a large number of bugs fixed
> over 1.1.7, and is generally compatible with the 1.1.7 configuration files.
Tried to rebuild and will try (and possibly ask,) of course. I have to use
rpm builds only on that server.

Thank you.

--
 Dmytro O. Redchuk