rlm_exec use

T Kid82 tkid2000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:34:04 CET 2008

> You have put significant effort into butchering the default
configuration.  Why?

I got this from the comments in exec-program-wait (which has been
deprecated) where it explains how to use rlm_exec. It says,

"An entry for the module 'rlm_exec' must be added to the file
'radiusd.conf' with the path of the script."

authorize {
	exec

I also added

exec {
            program = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/authenticate"
		wait = yes
	        input_pairs = request
		output_pairs = reply
        }

to my radiusd.conf which is also from the comments in exec-program-wait

> Why would this let all users through?
I thought that since I am always returning 3 to the server, that this
would let all users pass through.

> you didn't set Auth-Type
Where do I set the Auth-Type. Can you provide a sample code snippet on
how to do this? Or perhaps a link to the doc.

> If you think this isn't necessary, then you need to spend more time understanding how the server works.
I dont know either way. Thats why I decided to mail the list. I have
looked through quite a bit of documentation but I didnt find much on
this particular module